- With the commissioning of Tehri Dam & HPP (1000 MW) in 2006-07, Koteshwar HEP (400 MW) in 2011-12 and two Wind Power Projects in Gujarat (50 MW in Patan and 63 MW in Dwarika) in 2016-17, THDCIL has contributed 1000 MW, 400 MW and 113 MW of capacity addition during Xth , XIth and XIIth Plan respectively.
- THDC proposes to add 3038 MW during 2019-2024 in the Capacity Addition Programme of MoP with the planned commissioning of following Projects:
1. Tehri PSP - 1000 MW
2. Vishnugad Pipalkoti HEP - 444 MW
3. Dhukwan SHP - 24 MW
4. Solar Power Plants - 250 MW
5. Khurja STTP - 1320 MW
TOTAL - 3038 MW
- THDCIL is also exploring possibilities of development of Hydro Electric and Pumped Storages Schemes in other parts of the country and neighbouring country Bhutan.
- THDCIL plans to explore more possibilities to develop conventional / non conventional and renewable sources of energy such as Wind and Solar, and to provide specialized consultancy services in the Hydro Power Sector.
Updated on : 21/08/2019